Monday, March 18, 2013

How To Talk To A Flower



The Real McCoy    by Glee 
Pretty pink flower
Torn from your branch
You endure my grasp.

I chose you,
Not so carefully,
To be my alter for today.

Then I saw your
Dark spots
And remembered hidden bugs emerging
From blossoms previously picked.

With fortitude
I sought to change
The outcome this time ‘round.
And turned you upside down
And shook
And shook
And shook.

A petal fell
To stay my violent hand.

Oh, my regret
To find you weren’t as strong
and fresh as I had hoped.

A second passed…

I see I've made you weak
And imperfection glares at me.

Guilt rises like floodwater
As I focus my eyes
On the black remains
Of your life before you blossomed.

Those tiny scars
Embedded in your bright pink flesh
Are not bugs at all
But evidence
Of your growth and change to come.

You are an imperfect vessel of love. 
I judged you hastily.
And injured us both ever after.

Forgive me.



                                           



No comments:

Post a Comment

Consider honesty, love, compassion, and wholeness when leaving comments on this blog. The author invites learning, exploration, challenge, and healing in all interactions with the public.